Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Just today I began experiencing some issues with my iMessage running iOS 8.1.1. On my iPhone 6. I was in a group chat and several messages would pop up as a banner and appear in my notification center. I checked the chat itself and these messages weren't there. On top of that, my message app has the badge with number of messages that I can't seem to make go away. I tried turning off iMessage and they didn't work. I ended up doing a network reset and that appears to work so far. Anyone else experience this?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Just today I began experiencing some issues with my iMessage running iOS 8.1.1. On my iPhone 6. I was in a group chat and several messages would pop up as a banner and appear in my notification center. I checked the chat itself and these messages weren't there. On top of that, my message app has the badge with number of messages that I can't seem to make go away. I tried turning off iMessage and they didn't work. I ended up doing a network reset and that appears to work so far. Anyone else experience this?

Just bring up the task switcher and close the messages app. Problem solved.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
I didn't even think to try that. After the network reset all seems good so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.