iMessage good for any country presumably?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Just a quick one.. Are iMessages still free from UK to anywhere, Europe, US etc? If I put it in a number, and have to send some pictures, texts etc., and it says 'iMessage' in the window, we're good to go presumably. I'm not going to get a nightmare phone bill next month for any reason am I?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, so long as the text or message bubble is blue it is free worldwide. If it's green, your carrier's texting rates apply.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I iMessage two friends in the UK and one in Australia all the time. Never been charged because it all goes through Apple's servers.

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

You should be fine as long as you're sending a blue iMessage. I would turn off the setting to automatically send a text message if the iMessage fails.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you people, that's great. Never sure If I had to turn stuff off under all the SMS setting MMS etc, but all blue, no green. I had to send a load of pics to someone in Norway from UK. Thanks again