iMessage group issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TheGdog, Feb 14, 2014.

1. TheGdog macrumors 6502

TheGdog

Ok, So I am having a very annoying issue with iMessage. One of my co workers had an iPhone 5, and it got stolen. Until his contract is up, he is using an old android phone. However, when I send him a text sometimes it sends as a text and its fine, some times it tries iMessage and fails and I just send as text. No big deal right? Well until I do group messaging.

So its me, Person A (android guy) and Person B (iPhone). When person B sends a group text, it comes as a text and everyone gets it. When I send a text in the group, it sends it as an iMessage to person B, and person A doesn't get it. It also gives me no option to send as text. Making things really frustrating.

-I have changed person A's contact from "iPhone" to mobile
    -Enabled send as text
    -Group messaging is enabled.
    -I have unlisted my email addresses with iMessage, so it has to send via phone number.

I'm out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions/solutions?

And before any says that person A needs to unregister their number, I will point out that the other iPhone user in the group has no issue send it as a text.

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Try and hold the home and sleep button at the same time on your phone until you see te apple logo. Tell me how it goes.

4. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Your buddy needs to have iMessage turned off.

Get him to call Apple Care and explain that his phone was stolen. They can deactivate it over the phone.

5. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

7. TheGdog thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGdog

I agree, he need to unregister his number. But why does the other iPhone user in the group have no issue sending it as a text to the group and I can't??

8. cynics macrumors G4

And why does HE need to do something to essentially make YOUR phone work right? Lol

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Because if things are being thrown off because sometimes Apple treats his number as being associated with iMessage then he is really the only one that could perhaps fix it (with Apple's help).

10. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Have you tried deleting the contact card and re-adding his number? If everyone else is having no issues messaging him, it sounds like its on your end.

11. cynics macrumors G4

Lol I'm sorry I was being a little sarcastic. I know why.

It's just a little counter intuitive to think that someone has to do something to their old phone to make the new one work right for other people.

If this wasn't a friend situation most people wouldn't want to tell another person in a group message to go log out of iMessage. Especially if it worked fine for everyone else.

12. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

This was the solution for me in a similar situation.

13. TheGdog thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGdog

Good to know! Let me try that. Its definitely on my end.