iMessage has taken a dump..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SSpiro, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Just as subject says.. Did not get unicode text, have tried all the tricks and tips such as Siri and jailbreak hacks etc.. Nothing is working.

When I attempt to open, it crashes and immediately closes.

Any thoughts on how to fix? 8.4, jailbroken.

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

3. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

why, 8.4 is still being signed....so, restore and jailbreak again....and careful with suspicious tweaks :)

5. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

I shouldnt have anything shady on there - i havent installed any tweaks in a good week +... I only complain because its a pain in the ass to deal with. My first iphone coming from Android and ive had more problems then i care to think about. Starting to question my switch.. But, i can play along.

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

You just have to learn a bit.....plenty of material here, just take your time :)

7. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Is there any way to get to those messages from my ipad or somewhere else so i can grab data out of them before restoring?

8. Daniel2514, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

Daniel2514 macrumors newbie

Daniel2514

Have you backed up to your iTunes or iCloud? If the answer is yes, you can recover your data easliy, if no and your old data wasn't covered by new data, you can try some softwares to recover your data. I use a data recovery software developed by iMyfone, you can search for it on Google...