iMessage Help 5c ( Ported number)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whoknows87, Jul 30, 2014.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

So I recently switched carriers and was given a temporary number for the first few hours until my number port completes , the issue that I have no with iMessage is that people are texting me at my usual number and I get the messages but when I reply it shows my temp number still?? and I cant deselect it once I enter iMessage via settings

All are checked and #1 cant be deselect it

1-it shows my temp number
    2-my Number
    3-the iCloud ID

Ive tried resetting the phone, all netowrk settings and nothing seems to work

any help?

2. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

Have you tried changing your phone number in Settings > Phone >My number ?
    That worked for me when I ported my number

3. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

I had to do some crazy intricate things to get my iMessage to work when I ported my number. I tried everything and I do mean EVERYHTHING, and believe it or not I had to actually go into the date and time settings and switch it off of automatic and then turn off and on imessage to get it to finally connect. It was nuts. I don't even remember where I went to find out that information but that's what it took for mine to kick in.

4. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

No luck this is what shows up still , thinking maybe need to do a factory wipe again and insert a new simcard?

Attached Files:

5. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

Gee, I had no idea it could be this messy. :confused: It was pretty straight forward when I did it about a week ago