iMessage help please (iPad 1)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by map1978, Oct 7, 2011.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

When I go into settings and log in with my apple ID, it says iMessage Activation....this email address cannot be used for iMessage

Can someone help me figure out how this works

thanks in advance

2. Jasontech macrumors newbie

The email address has to be associated to an Apple account for it to work.

3. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

thanks for your response

this email address im using is the same email that is used for my app store purchases, so isn't it associated with an apple account?

4. xcel360 macrumors regular

I can't seem to get the send button to activate to send a message. I think maybe because it detects no one in my contact list is on ios5 yet?

5. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

So, iMessage is only iOS 5 to iOS communication? I will not be able to text with anyone who has text messaging?

Not too big a deal for me personally, but just wondering.

6. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Yes imessage is iOS 5 to iOS 5 only.

7. Steve28 macrumors member

All you do is open the messaging app and use it as you have been forever. If the person you are texting has an iOS5 device, the messaging app will automatically switch to "iMessage mode" which is simply indicated by the send button turning from green to blue, and your message will be sent as an iMessage. If the person you are texting does not have an iOS5 device, the send button stays green and the message is sent as a regular SMS message.

You don't have to do anything to make it work.

8. tantric132 macrumors newbie

This is my problem. I can't get signed into my damn account!

[​IMG]

9. BillyTheGeek macrumors newbie

I got exactly the same problèm.
    Did you fix it ?

10. tantric132 macrumors newbie

No, and I've restored it three different times now, on two different computers. Not really sure if it's a problem with Apple's servers and will fix itself or what

11. BillyTheGeek macrumors newbie

Huge Bug

Okay there's a huge bug there...

I tried and failed to connect to iMessages with wifi.
    So i inserted my sim card in my 3G iPad willing to try with this.
    i shut down wifi and immediately some message told me to log in to iMessages.
    so i did, but i suspected something, so i went to disable sim card ( airplane mode ) and to reactivate wifi, and it worked. iMessages now works.
    For how long i don't know.
    Push isn't back but at least i have iMessages.
    i'll keep u posted if i have any news. i'll also post a bug report for apple.

12. vanjin macrumors newbie

And i have the same problem :((

13. Noplac2hyd macrumors member

I had the same problem. I kept trying and gave me the same message. Then I just erased the pw I entered, retyped it and it worked. I don't think I had my pw wrong the first time. Hope this helps

14. dmsimmer macrumors newbie

email and iMessage

I am having the same issue. My problems started with having different Apple IDs all using my Me.com as a primary email address. Once I got my Me.com address off of those IDs, it behaved better, but not completely.

Apple accelerated this issue to its engineers. I should know more by Wednesday (10/19). I will forward any info I receive.

(My problem appears to be in the Primary email verification of the Apple ID. It will not send a verification email. Thus, the Apple ID is not validated for iCloud.)