iMessage help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rookie1986, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Since we have seen no official information about when the iPhone 5 is going to hit and just about everyone I know who got an iPhone 4 two years ago is due/has had their upgrade most (almost all) have moved over to the Galaxy S III.... This kinda leaves me in a bad situation because as I wait patiently for the new iPhone it has just dawned on me that I now no longer have the use of iMessage to my fiancée or most of my friends. Does anyone know of an app that would give me something like iMessage across both platforms??

Also, since my contract with T-Mobile has expired they have contacted me several times to see if I would like an upgrade etc etc and when I have mentioned that I'm not interested and would be happy to just stay on a 30 rolling contract until the new iPhone comes out they have told me (on more than one occasion) that then new iPhone isn't due until Jan/Feb next year..... Tbh I'm sure it's a lie but if not I can't do 6 months using the £5 Samsung phone I've bought with no camera, emails, Internet etc etc.....

Rookie

2. xplor macrumors regular

xplor

You can forget that crazy ideia of iMessage on an non-Apple device. It just wont happen.

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know..... That's why I asked for an app which would give me something like it XD

Rookie

4. Ualnosaj macrumors newbie

5. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that, I will have to try it tonight when my fiancée gets home :)

6. ncarnall macrumors member

WhatsApp is great and really quick, very simple to use.

7. xplor macrumors regular

xplor

i meant to say that it uses private API's and its a closed service. There can't be no 3rd party apps sending iMessages. But you seem to know that.