iMessage Help

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by chargerman426, Mar 11, 2014.

1. chargerman426 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new Late 2013 rMBP and I'm having a problem with my iMessages. The problem I have is its not syncing my old conversations from my iPhone/iPad/iMac/old MBP. I've logged out of both my iCloud and Message apps several times to no avail. I just did a restore which didn't fix anything. All of my other Apple devices have no problem updating old messages whenever I've done restores or bought new devices, this is the first one I've had any problems with. Any help would be appreciated.

2. chargerman426 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just incase anyone in the future has the same problem here is what I did after working with Apple Care on the phone. According to Apple Care iMessage/Message are designed to sync messages when they are sent. So technically it is not designed to transfer all of the old messages. While my other OS X devices have always updated with the old messages it was not designed to do so. So what I did was grab a copy of my old messages folder from my iMac and replaced the messages folder on my rMBP. Once I did that all of my old messages showed up on my rMBP.