iMessage help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John55you, Sep 19, 2015.

1. John55you macrumors newbie

Hi
    After upgrading to iOS 9. when using my dictation feature with iMessage I get this in the and I can no longer text or use my dictation feature. can anyone please tell me how to fix this ? Thank you ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442721250.917155.jpg

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

By dictation feature do you mean using the microphone button at the bottom left of the keyboard?

3. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

4. gidoin macrumors newbie

I have the same issue, I can't get rid of this thing

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Try recording a voice message to see if that would get rid of it.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Are you sure your using the one on the keyboard to dictate and not the voice memo button on the right?

7. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Gav2k. Yes I am using the dictation feature

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried recording a voice message (using the microphone on the right of the message compose window) to see if that might make what you are seeing go away?

9. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi C DM I do not even see that option when I use my iMessage. Sorry

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's that gray microphone button on the right of the area where you would normally type a message--it's there in the screenshot you posted in the OP.

11. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi C DM that will just come when I'm using the dictation feature. Besides that I don't see it at all.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

That button shouldn't have anything to do with dictation, it's imply there for voice messages, just like the one on the left is there to send a picture or a video. Do you see the one I'm talking about as it appears in the screenshot you posted?

13. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi C DM I do see it now I have no problem using it.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you use that and then try to use dictation afterward do you still get the same issue that you were describing?

15. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi C DM yes it still happens when I am using the dictation feature. I have tried a Google and Bing search with no luck on it to. Thank you for all your help on this. I may have to call Apple

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried disabling and then re-enabling the dictation feature from settings (and perhaps the same for Siri as they are related)?

Does this happen with any conversation in Messages or just some particular ones?

17. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi C DM it scenes with this update iOS 9.01 so far so good. Thank you for you help on this. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you