iMessage identification

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nacho1, Oct 14, 2011.

1. nacho1 macrumors newbie

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have a question regarding my first experiences of iMessage.

I just started a conversation on iMessage with my buddy through my iPad to his iPhone and my email address showed up on his screen, rather than my phone number. Is there any way that I can set it so that any message I send through the Ipad shows as my phone number?

Hope that makes sense.. The whole iPad and iPhone iMessage settings are confusing me!

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Unfortunately not. The iPad is not associated with a phone number and can only receive messages via email. Hopefully Apple will fix this in the future. Leave feedback with them http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

3. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Tell your friend to save your email in your contact entry in his iphone. Then it will merge your number and your email address into one conversation on his iphone. I have had to get all of my friends to do this for me aswell so they dont get two different conversations with me..... I hope you understand what i mean, it's kinda like how facetime works.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I "texted" my wife from my iPad to her iPhone, and I too showed up on her phone with my email address.

But the next message I sent, via my iPhone, was also ID'd as coming from my email address. Anyone know what's up with that?

5. erio macrumors member

Settings -> Messages -> Receive at