iMessage in iOS7 and Mavericks...

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by devinh, Oct 31, 2013.

1. devinh macrumors member

devinh

I thought iMessage was going to sync will all devices when Mavericks came out, meaning when I delete on my MBA it would delete on my iPhone. Am I missing something?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It's never synced for me, when deleting....

It makes sense, some people may want to clean out their phone messages to save space, but keep the archive on their computer.

3. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

It won't delete on all devices. It's always been like that.

4. devinh thread starter macrumors member

devinh

I could have sworn that in the keynote they spoke about iMessage sync between devices just like push email. Oh well, would be nice.

5. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

This. I have never seen it sync like that.

6. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

Deletions don't sync; however, conversations (additions to conversations) will sync most of the time.

If you've left your iMac hibernating for six hours, you'll notice when you power up that the conversations will all sync.

Another odd thing I have noticed is that if you have blocked a number on your iPhone, it is not blocked on your MacBook and iMac.

7. devinh thread starter macrumors member

devinh

Call me lazy, but having to delete iMessages on my MBA after I have deleted them on my iPhone is a bit of a pain. You would think Apple would have considered it. iMessages arrive on my iPhone and MBA at the same time.