iMessage in OSX

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Daginator, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Daginator macrumors newbie

Hi Guys!

Can someone go thru iMessage? I've set up iMessage on Mountain Lion and all is well. Except from the fact that when I send a message to someone it doesn't show on my iPhone. Quite annoying when you want to continue a conversation on the iPhone or vice versa, I thought they would sync and work flawless? :confused:

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

iMessage doesn't go to both devices all the time. If you are using your iPhone it will go there, if you are using your computer it will go there. You can continue a conversation back and forth tho...I do it all the time. I will get a message on my phone and respond on my computer...or vice verse. The receiver isn't affected in any way.

3. Daginator thread starter macrumors newbie

Okey! If I understand you correctly, I will not be able to see texts sent from my mac on my iPhone? It would be perfect if they had the same history and were exactly the same. Hope they fix it.

4. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

It shows up on my phone when I use it on my MBP, it just doesn't ring/notify me.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

yeah since the update to ML I seem to be getting my messages in both logs, but only getting alerted to the one I'm using. Wasn't like that in the beta.