iMessage in the Cloud Multiple Numbers same iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by kkdool, May 29, 2018.

1. kkdool macrumors newbie

I have 2 iPhones with different phone numbers and 2 iPads (one iPhone and one iPad use the same number), different email addresses for iMessage but I use the same iCloud account. Does anyone know if I enable messages in the cloud will both phones sync all messages or only sync messages from that number and iMessage account?

2. niji Contributor

niji

don't know. sorry. i have the same question.
    it should sync across devices all iMessages that use the same iCloud account, while simply preserving the different threading by account sending/receiving addresses across all devices that you use on your different devices.

3. fortheus macrumors regular

4. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

I have the same question. Please let me know what happens. For now I am refraining from the feature.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have two phones (with different numbers) both use the same iCloud account and messages are not syncing between the two phones. Do I need text forwarding turned on? Anyone else experiencing this?

6. fortheus macrumors regular

It sync the message that is forwarded or number that is allowed to be received on the device

7. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Has anyone with two different iMessage accounts under a single iCloud account actually tried this yet?