iPhone iMessage In The Cloud Not Downloading

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by coolant113, Sep 27, 2018.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

I am setting up my XS and the full restore is complete, however, my iMessages are not downloading. When I open up the messages app, there is a status bar on the bottom and it says they are being downloaded, but it has sat idle for hours with no progress. Was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and how to fix it.

2. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

This is a known issue. Call apple and report your case to the engineers

3. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

I would just reboot the phone. That usually will fix it.. also messages seems to be the last thing that downloads when restoring from iCloud

4. Skoal macrumors 65832

I’ve ran it during all the iOS 12 betas it was included in and I have to say it still has issues. Currently I’m seeing instances where messages deleted on one device don’t ever delete on another devices that was turned completely off at the time of deletion requiring me to manually delete them on that device.

I’ve also seen deleted messages/conversations suddenly reappear in full when starting a new message to someone who’s texts had been previously deleted. Obviously they weren’t actually being removed from the cloud.

5. Böhme417 macrumors 6502a

Mine no longer has the downloading bar. (It's been nearly a week since setup.) However, I am still missing a lot of my messages on my new phone. They never downloaded, and it looks like they never will. I have restarted numerous times and signed out and back in to iCloud with no results.

6. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

try logging out of iCloud, resetting all settings, hard restarting the phone, turn it on, log back into iCloud, turn on iMessage in iCloud, and then see if that brings it back. It works for me temporarily and then after a few hours it stops working but it does bring back most missing content

7. Weaves macrumors member

Same issue here- hoping they fix it soon