iMessage & IRealSMS (or BiteSMS)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by curiousgg, Mar 26, 2012.

1. curiousgg, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

curiousgg macrumors member

Hello,
    I've had IRealSMS on my phone for many months. It integrated iMessage when I upgraded to ios5, and all has been well...

Except this weekend there are now two icons on my phone. the native messages and my irealsms. it's not just a matter of hiding the native message app because my imessages go there rather than to irealsms like it used to. then regular texts still come to irealsms.

I've tried deleting and re-installing. I've also tried using BiteSMS instead and it too doesn't integrate with the native app.

Any thoughts? Clues?

Thanks

eta: I have not upgraded to 5.1. I had not downloaded any new apps when this happened. I think I may have upgraded cydia apps though.

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Personally I use BiteSMS. It works with regular texts and iMessage, and you can set it up to hide the default Messages app, and have it use the Messages icon.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

The OP said he tried biteSMS but it wouldn't integrate with iMessage. I use biteSMS but I haven't had any problems with it.

Have you tried contacting the devs?

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Actually he said that BiteSMS didn't integrate with the native app. iRealSMS didn't integrate iMessages. I was just pointing out that while it may not integrate with the native app, it works as a fairly good replacement.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Sorry disregard my first post. You're right and the fact that it didn't integrate with the native app bothered me until I actually tried it.