iMessage isn't syncing between devices

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by RichardC300, Sep 11, 2013.

1. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I installed the iOS 7 GM yesterday from iOS 6. I noticed the iMessages on my phone and on my MacBook Pro don't sync at all. For example, if I have a conversation on iMessage via my MBP, NONE of the conversation shows up on my phone. And vice versa.

2. scottish macrumors 6502a

This happens to me occasionally between two ios 6 devices and my mac. Another issue is the messages appearing in random order - they are time stamped so I don't understand why this happens - and being notified of messages I have already read.

3. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Often times, I would get them in random order on my MBP, but now that I've installed iOS 7, NONE of the conversations on one device shows up on the other, so I don't know if I've been missing texts or what. Very frustrating.

4. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Make sure in the message setting you have send and receive checked for both your phone number and your email address. Sometimes after restoring, one of the devices is only sending/receiving from email address or vise versa. That may not be it, but I have had that happen before.

5. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

You're right! My number on my MBP was unchecked, and my email on my phone was not entered. Did those two things, and it works! Thank you very much.