iMessage Issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Arcadia310, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

About half the time I send out a message it says Waiting for Delivery... Indefinitely. Is this a bug or does the other person not have an Internet connection?

2. Firen macrumors regular

Firen

Stupid question, but.... does the other person have iOS5 installed?

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

From what I read here yesterday, somebody said if the other person is not using iOS5, the message would go to the other person via a text message....

4. Firen macrumors regular

Firen

Only on an iPhone though, iPads can't send normal text messages.

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Maybe the other person doesn't have data available when you send them an iMessage?

6. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking this, but if that were the case it should notify me so I don't sit there for days wondering what's going on. One time it said Waiting for Delivery... for two days, but once I sent another message they all went through.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Might be a stupid question but doesn't iMessage require an AppleID? If so, does your recipient have one or have it logged in on their iOS device?

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

It's a beta, there are going to be issues.

9. radiogoober, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

Since you have iOS 5.0 beta installed, I assume you *must* be a registered Apple developer, right? So, with that question asked, it leads me to my next: Why did you post this on MacRumors instead of the official Apple developer forums?

10. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

You are joking right? Even without going into the whole buying a dev slot on ebay or somewhere like that you do not have to be a developer to have your udid registered why do you think apple gives devs slots for 100 udid's? Maybe every dev has 100 ios devices? or maybe the devs use the slots for beta testers for their apps. There are even sites you can register on to be a beta tester for diffent ios apps. Once your udid is registered you can install any beta ios.

11. shandyman Suspended

don't bother wasting time on him, he's been on his soapbox for days about it, it annoys him people have gotten their UDID registered that aren't official developers.

12. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I wonder why he even cares if other people are using a beta. It's not like he's the "iOS Beta Distribution Police".

13. shandyman Suspended

i think he thinks he is, that or he's just trolling, but it's like the 15th post like that i've seen from him. People are going to do it no matter what, only way it would stop is if apple cracked down on it, and they've not yet.

14. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

I dont really see how they can anyway. Devs will always need people to beta test their apps it could take months for a single dev to find all possible bugs in a app with 50+ beta testers most of them could be found in a week or less.

15. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

That would be a good point except for the fact that all these "non-devs" are not filing bug reports. They don't even realize they are running a true beta version of iOS. They come here and complain that something isn't working perfectly. That doesn't help anything. If you aren't posting in the Apple dev forums and filing regular bug reports, you aren't helping anything.

16. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

I was actually talking about bugs in apps not the actual os. And if a dev has registered your udid for beta testing his app then I am sure you would report them to the dev not to apple.

17. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I couldn't care less whether or not they file bug reports by the time of the release all the major bugs will be ironed out no matter how many people are reporting bugs. There are devs which don't even send in bug reports.