iMessage Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by t3hgecko, Feb 7, 2013.

1. t3hgecko, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

t3hgecko macrumors newbie

Hi there, sorry if this has been addressed already. I'm browsing on my phone and it's kind of a pain x:

I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2.

I accidentally deleted my iMessage conversation with my boyfriend. That's not a big deal. However, we've exchanged texts since then and the conversation is blank when I open it. I'm not sure if messages are actually getting through. This morning I found a text from him that he sent last night while I was still awake-- I don't think it arrived last night. I texted him back and haven't got a response. I'm not sure if he hasn't gotten the message or he's being flaky about texting back (not surprising). At any rate, the one thing I'm sure about is iMessage is no longer saving my message history. Anyone know what's up?

Thanks so much in advance :)

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Try a reboot of the phone to see if it fixes the problem, if not, a restore.

On the other....he's a guy, so nothing can be done.

3. t3hgecko, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

t3hgecko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response! I appreciate your sense of humor ;D I immediately replied asking for more messages so I could see if it was working properly, and of course it takes him 15 minutes to send a response. Men.

I rebooted and got a normal notification for his text... opened the conversation... and the only message there is the one he just sent me. ): I guess I'll try a restore... urgh.

Edit; Oh yeah, when I told him I was having problems with iMessage, he said, "Yeah, I was getting your messages first as texts and then again as iMessages." I'm not sure what this indicates exactly /:

Edit 2; And just like that, the problem has vanished. If it ever happens again I'll *actually* try the restore and then take it from there. Thanks again for your help :D