iMessage Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZeroGauge, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ZeroGauge macrumors member

ZeroGauge

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone else was having any weird iMessage experiences? (Just a little back story)...Recently my Fiance and I made the switch from Sprint to Verizon and in doing so she decided to get a new number all together and I decided to port mine over. Well today for some reason every time I would text her it would come up as an iMessage which I found strange considering she's had android phones the past few years. Well this afternoon when I was messaging with her all of the sudden apparently I started texting with someone else via iMessage. I'm not sure if this is happening because the person previously that had the number had/has an iphone that is linked to the number or if it's just a glitch? I don't understand how this all transpired, can anyone give me any kind of feedback of what they think may have happened or if you've also experienced this?

Attached Files:

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

The old phone number probably belonged to the iPhone owner and it's quite likely the number still hasn't been removed from his iPhone. Aside from your fiance getting an iPhone so she can link her new phone number to her own iMessage account, I can't really think of a fix for it.

Or it could be a glitch. :p

3. ZeroGauge thread starter macrumors member

ZeroGauge

Lol oh man! I was really hoping someone would have a fix. Thanks for the comment though I really appreciate it!