iMessage issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wtrs, Apr 5, 2016.

1. wtrs macrumors newbie

Does anyone know why iMessage doesn't just verify the number attached to the Apple ID?

It just stays there loading and loading.
    I know it works because it magically worked so I could receive the messages from my number to this iPhone also but when a restore happened everything went to ****.

it works on my iPod 4th generation easily also. I just signed in and my number was already there.

I've tried resetting, restoring, updating, and restoring from the cloud even.

what gives? 2740.jpg

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Put your SIM card back in the phone and I'm sure it'll verify/work.

It's not like Google Voice where you get some stand alone number associated with your Apple ID that works forever even without a SIM card.

3. wtrs thread starter macrumors newbie

no see, that's what i meant.
    i got it to work before without the sim.
    and my iPod obv has no sim and it gets the messages fine
    but I need it to work on this iPhone.
    if it worked once, it should work again, right?

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Was going to simply say "No, you didn't" but I'll just leave this alone.

That's because you had a verified # via your phone beforehand, then signed into your iPod after.

Sorry but once you take out the SIM card and restore, you need to put the SIM card back in to verify the # again. You're **** out of luck until you do.

5. wtrs thread starter macrumors newbie

don't understand why it's hard to believe I got it to work without the sim, why would I make **** up for no reason?

but if you're saying I need the sim then I have a different question, if I put the sim in, let it activate, then take it out, will the number stay confirmed in iMessage?

6. Hal~9000, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Not saying you're lying, but your definitely mistaken/misremembering.

It's like if I started a thread saying "Hey guys, I have a password lock on my phone but one time I got it to unlock without it. How do I do it again?" Since that's not possible then I'd assume someone would simply say "No, you didn't" or that I'm mistaken as well.

Not sure, I haven't tried it. Maybe someone can chime in. I'd assume that over time the phone will check to see if the device has SIM, but it's just a guess.

7. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

Yes it will.

8. wtrs thread starter macrumors newbie

I honestly wish I could show you it happened because for the past week it worked.
    All messages were being sent to both iPhones with no issue.
    It wasn't til I restored that iPhone that it started doing that phone # loading thing.
    regardless, thank you for your input.

Ok ty mate

9. dave006 macrumors 68020

Just to expand on nNicolas's post, yes it will but only until you restore the iPhone again. If you restore this iPhone again then you will need to insert your SIM again until the number is verified. Then you can move it back to your active phone.

Dave