iMessage Issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sseguin, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Sseguin macrumors regular

I can't get iMessage to work. I tried resetting the network settings but no luck. Any advice?

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I responded in the other thread you made.

You are going to have to be way more specific about what the problem is, including why it is you think a jailbreak is causing your problem.

3. Sseguin thread starter macrumors regular

I can't send pictures via text anymore...

This is definitely done by the jailbreak...Redmonpie also noted the issue on their page.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

OK. iMessage, which you mentioned earlier, is not necessarily MMS (sending pictures via text).

Is the problem only occuring when you try to iMessage someone, or is it occuring if you are also sending to someone who is NOT using iMessage. If it's happening both to those using MMS and to those using iMessage than this is not an iMessage problem.

You mention that it's definetely done by the jailbreak. You're positive about that but are sparse with your details.

What jailbreak? There's a number of jailbreaks as long as my arm all the way back to iOS 1.

"Redmondpie also noted the issue" doesn't help me. Got a link so I can see what you're talking about?

Are we even talking about a jailbreak? Could it be a tweak you installed? In which case, uninstall that tweak.

5. Sseguin thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-ios-1...s-facetime-and-imessage-not-working-more-faq/

Read. Why is FaceTime and iMessage not working. Trust me on this buddy...the new jailbreaks stops iMessage from working. Looking for a solution.

6. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

7. Sseguin thread starter macrumors regular

Dude...you serious?

8. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Don't you think, it would be better for you to wait until the stable jailbreak version comes out. This one is beta, you know :)...so, no wonder there are still a lot of bugs around.....

9. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

OK.

That's the new iOS 10 jailbreak.

I don't have an answer for you. I'm not on the iOS 10 jailbreak.

You might get a better solution to your problem over here: http://reddit.com/r/jailbreak

10. darricksailo, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016

darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

11. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yes and your eagerness to jailbreak and not knowing why you're having problems on a 'hole bagass of trouble jailbreak' and not waiting for a stable release tells me your not that used to the process.

This^

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its way too early still, there will be bugs.
    Wait for a fix or updated JB version. You jumped the gun a little too soon.