Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sseguin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I can't get iMessage to work. I tried resetting the network settings but no luck. Any advice?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I responded in the other thread you made.

You are going to have to be way more specific about what the problem is, including why it is you think a jailbreak is causing your problem.

Sseguin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I responded in the other thread you made.

You are going to have to be way more specific about what the problem is, including why it is you think a jailbreak is causing your problem.

I can't send pictures via text anymore...

This is definitely done by the jailbreak...Redmonpie also noted the issue on their page.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I can't send pictures via text anymore...

This is definitely done by the jailbreak...Redmonpie also noted the issue on their page.
OK. iMessage, which you mentioned earlier, is not necessarily MMS (sending pictures via text).

Is the problem only occuring when you try to iMessage someone, or is it occuring if you are also sending to someone who is NOT using iMessage. If it's happening both to those using MMS and to those using iMessage than this is not an iMessage problem.

You mention that it's definetely done by the jailbreak. You're positive about that but are sparse with your details.

What jailbreak? There's a number of jailbreaks as long as my arm all the way back to iOS 1.

"Redmondpie also noted the issue" doesn't help me. Got a link so I can see what you're talking about?

Are we even talking about a jailbreak? Could it be a tweak you installed? In which case, uninstall that tweak.

Reactions: bbrks

Sseguin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
OK. iMessage, which you mentioned earlier, is not necessarily MMS (sending pictures via text).

Is the problem only occuring when you try to iMessage someone, or is it occuring if you are also sending to someone who is NOT using iMessage. If it's happening both to those using MMS and to those using iMessage than this is not an iMessage problem.

You mention that it's definetely done by the jailbreak. You're positive about that but are sparse with your details.

What jailbreak? There's a number of jailbreaks as long as my arm all the way back to iOS 1.

"Redmondpie also noted the issue" doesn't help me. Got a link so I can see what you're talking about?

Are we even talking about a jailbreak? Could it be a tweak you installed? In which case, uninstall that tweak.

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-ios-1...s-facetime-and-imessage-not-working-more-faq/

Read. Why is FaceTime and iMessage not working. Trust me on this buddy...the new jailbreaks stops iMessage from working. Looking for a solution.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Don't you think, it would be better for you to wait until the stable jailbreak version comes out. This one is beta, you know :)...so, no wonder there are still a lot of bugs around.....

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-ios-1...s-facetime-and-imessage-not-working-more-faq/

Read. Why is FaceTime and iMessage not working. Trust me on this buddy...the new jailbreaks stops iMessage from working. Looking for a solution.
Dude...you serious?
OK.

That's the new iOS 10 jailbreak.

I don't have an answer for you. I'm not on the iOS 10 jailbreak.

You might get a better solution to your problem over here: http://reddit.com/r/jailbreak

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Dude...you serious?

Yes and your eagerness to jailbreak and not knowing why you're having problems on a 'hole bagass of trouble jailbreak' and not waiting for a stable release tells me your not that used to the process.

Don't you think, it would be better for you to wait until the stable jailbreak version comes out. This one is beta, you know :)...so, no wonder there are still a lot of bugs around.....

This^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.