iMessage just (doesn't) work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by okboy, May 24, 2014.

1. okboy macrumors regular

I love the simplicity of iMessage, but when things don't work, there is just no recourse. Here are 3 ongoing problems I have. I would love some help fixing them.

1. Calling one person on FaceTime doesn't work. No error, it just rings until it stops. iMessage works and so do regular phone calls. They are on WiFi.

2. I can iMessage one person, but not SMS. I have 1 contact for them, with all contact info. They have an iPhone. But I cannot hold down the blue iMessage bubble and select "Send as Text Message".

3. Another person gets no iMessage at all. It says "delivered", is their iCloud email address, and so on. But it just doesn't work. Sending to their alternate gmail does seem to work.

Thanks a lot.

2. jayes macrumors regular

Problem #1. Are both parties on iOS 7? Facetime stopped working in mid April on ios6 devices.

3. Aspergirl macrumors newbie

Aspergirl

The other thing is only iPhones and iPads and computers support facetime. Just iPads and iPhones support iMessage with iPads being iMessage only (unless you install a third party SMS app.)