iMessage lately has been a POS

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by AlphaVictor87, Jun 12, 2012.

1. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Over the past 2 days iMessage has been complete crap. almost every message (85%) i send either has a delay to it or it just wont deliver. I end up having to retype my message (or copy and paste) and then make sure i hit send as text message.

has anyone else had recent frustrations with this? and both myself and the person i'm talking to have great service and a good data connection.

2. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

It's been pretty bad for me the last week almost. Very delayed messages or needing to send as text. Super frustrating.

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

same for me, except it's not constant problems. It'll be bad for a few hours, then be fine, then bad...etc.

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I started another post on this situation as of yesterday, when my "Messages" app totally disappeared from my Mac. Here's what's happened there ...

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/12...or-os-x-lion-still-available-via-direct-link/

And so, MBPs have to wait for Mountain Lion in July. Hope it's EARLY July! :roll eyes: Otherwise, maybe it's impacting the iMessages app in the meantime?

I REALLY liked the Messages being on all my Apple devices and look forward to it returning.

5. JMG, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

I thought it was just me. I would get messages on my iPad that I never got on my iPhone even though my last correspondence was from the iPhone.

6. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

iMessages has always been crap, to me. I commend Apple for actually integrating more features instead of cluttering the homescreen with more applications but it's just not reliable and half the time I find myself just switching to Whatsapp - at least I know that works, or it'll tell me what's going on when there's an issue.