iMessage messed up

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by RedRaven571, Sep 24, 2014.

1. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Not sure where the problem lays (lies?)

1) I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8; things seem fine so it stays on 8.
    2) I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 8; was not happy with lagging so back to iOS 7.1.2.
    3) My daughter updated her iPhone 5S to iOS 8; thats what it is currently on.
    4) My wife's iPhone 5 is on iOS 8.
    5) My son's iPhone 4S is still on iOS 6 :eek:

in Group messaging (to my daughter, son and wife), my daughter receives messages to the group from me, but, when she replies, it is a separate conversation. The other 2 (my wife and son) seem to have no problem with my daughter's replies (i.e. - they are part of the group conversation), so I think the issue is between my devices and iCloud.

I've reset my network settings, turned Messages on/off on my devices and nothing is changed.

I'm contemplating deleting my daughter from the family (just kidding!); actually, I'm thinking of deleting my daughter from contacts on all devices then have her IM me and add her as new contact from the reply.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
    Joe

Oh, and lastly, when I log into iCloud online (from my work windows pc), it shows my iPad under devices running iOS 8 or Yosemite...... :-0

2. Helvitis macrumors newbie

Helvitis

Im having a similar problem with iMessage, I'm wondering if its due to not all devices being on the same version of iOS.