iMessage 'Not Delivered'

Discussion in 'iPad' started by photogpab, Mar 19, 2012.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

I get the 'not delivered' error whenever I send an iMessage from my iPad (which uses my email address). But when I send an iMessage from my iPhone (where it uses my number, obviously) it works perfectly. No errors.

Also, whenever I iMessage from the iPad, the recipient also gets the 'not delivered' message when trying to reply to me. But the weird part is, there is really no error because we can see each others messages perfectly. They're coming through but saying 'not delivered'.

2. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

3. darrendmiller macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue. When I send an iMessage from one device, it says "not delivered" on that device, but does get delivered through the other device. So no matter what I'm left with a bunch of red exclamation points on both devices.

4. mopperx2 macrumors newbie

try toggling your imessage off and on in settings. you will notice a "waiting for activation message" when turning back on

5. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

This happened to me. To fix this go to Settings<Messages and then where it says "receive at" only select your email. Then on your iphone do the same thing BUT on your iphone select "receive at" and select your phone number. Not your email. So on the ipad select to imessage only from your email and on your iphone select only your phone number.

6. benboyd5 macrumors newbie

7. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

iMessage works well enough as a replacement for text messaging between iPhone users. However, as a general mesasging software, it is in need of serious improvement. Bugs such as yours are very common.