Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ekim Neems

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Hey all,

Is anyone else having a problem with the Messages app on 10.8 not syncing with iOS7? My assumption is that upgrading to Mavericks might fix this but I'm not ready to do that quite yet.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
Surprised noone has answered you ... I am having trouble with iOS 7 and iMessage. I sent out a text and if someone has iMessage I wouldn't get the reply ... instead I will see it on my ipad or MacBook Pro the next day.

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
Hey all,

Is anyone else having a problem with the Messages app on 10.8 not syncing with iOS7? My assumption is that upgrading to Mavericks might fix this but I'm not ready to do that quite yet.

Same thing. Not getting any sync. Sent messages from computer and pie ole didnt get them

Also, phone messages not updating on computer.

Tigrao

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
I noticed that between every reboot on my phone iMessage will deactivate itself. You can see this if you manually reboot your phone and then go into the Settings app and look under Messages.

I was having the same problem where I would get messages on my Mac and on my iPad, but not on my phone. Now that I make sure to look at see that iMessage is activated I don't seem to be having nearly the problems with syncing that I was before.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Messages in iOS7 are syncing fine for me between mult computers running 10.8

YeahBuddy

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Boston, MA
This is all weird to me because my iMessage on Mac used to never work. As soon as I upgraded to iOS 7 tho its been working flawlessly. I've never had my iMessages sync between my phone, iPad, and mac this well before. And no I didn't mess with any settings, it just started happening. Hmm..

Ekim Neems

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I rebooted my phone and iMessage was still enabled, so I don't think it's that. However, my iOS6 friends are now seeing my iMessages as coming from my email address, not my name that's in their address book. I suspect it may have something to do with that but have no way to know.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Hey all,

It wasnt for me until I went into preferences and added something in there...just poke around the settings..I cant remember exactly what I did!

joyless

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
i followed advice i read somewhere here - turned imessage off (on iphone), reset network settings and turned imessage back on. messages started syncing between iphone and mac again. try it, maybe it will help

midniter

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Having similar issue.

My Iphone 4 ios7.1.2 won't sync imessages with mbp 13 Yosemite or ipad ios 8.3
I keep thinking i need a iphone 4s with ios8+ to make this happen.

Can anyone validate that ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.