iMessage not syncing between iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mdwsta4, Mar 4, 2013.

1. mdwsta4, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

While opening up messages on my iPad today I noticed a half dozen that I had never received on my iPhone. I reset the phone, turned on/off iMessage on both the phone and iPad, but am still having the problem.

Messages that I sent from my iPad are not showing up on my phone. Neither device is syncing. Checked the account and both are using the same account (only one I have). Oddly enough, I am able to iMessage with some people without problem.

After turning on/off iMessages on my iPhone, it is showing 'waiting for activation...' and has been like this for quite some time. *edit* this has now stopped, but I am still having sync issues.

Haven't had this problem until just now (that I've known about) and haven't found any additional information on it.

iPad 3 running on 6.1
    iPhone 5 jailbroken on 6.1
    Tweaks I have on the iphone are activator, bars, instasave, not so smart, sbsettings, springflash, tab+, unfold, and substrate safe mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I recommend setting up the phone first with all the addresses you want to use (phone numbers & email addresses)

Then go into the iPad and remove the AppleID. Close settings and kill it in task manager
    Then open iMessage and re-enter the same AppleID you are using on the phone.
    It should automatically import all the addresses from the phone settings
    You will get popups on the phone also, answer OK to those as well.
    You can then set up FaceTime to coordinate the same way (if desired)

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

iMessages seem to send to whichever device they want to, when they want to. I get syncing issues between my iPhone, iPad Mini, and Mac, even after switching off/signing out and setting everything back up.

Hoping iOS 7 / OSX 10.9 fixes these syncing issues.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have been able to sync iPhones, iPads and iMacs without issues as have many of my friends.

5. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

6. Nickothasicko macrumors newbie

Solution

This was happening to me. Turns out that i missed checking a little feature in the "messages>Accounts" menu option. "iMessage" wasn't actually ticked, so when I ticked it i was prompted with the password input window for my Apple ID. Entered it but nothing happened, but then I decided to close all the chat windows I had open in OSX and then start a new conversation from within OSX first, to get the ball rolling for each chat log with each person to sync on IOS and OSX.

And, voila now it all works. :D

Hope this helps ppl. :apple: