iMessage not syncing since iOS 6.1.3 update

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by wingsabre, Mar 25, 2013.

1. wingsabre macrumors regular

Hi, I noticed that iMessage has not synced between my iPad mini and my iPhone5 since updating to iOS 6.1.3. Prior to the update, everything synced and I could go between devices back and forth. Now I can't. Additionally, if I message someone on the iPad, all their replies will go to the iPad, but if I message someone through the iPhone, all the messages will go to the iPad. I tried to fix this before by deleting the messages on the phone, and restarting both devices, which fixed it temporary. However, it just flipped, and now everything gets delivered to the phone, and nothing gets delivered to the iPad.

I've manually existed the apps in both devices, turned off iMessage on both, and then turn off the device and restarted it all. I've entered both my phone number and apple ID on the iPhone and iPad.

It Does Not Work.

Has anyone experienced the same issue since the last iOS update?

2. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

Make sure you are receiving and sending from the same number/address on all devices

settings>Messages>Send & Receive

3. wingsabre thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, both phone number and email account are entered exactly the same way on the receive and send column on both devices. They are also both checked. Priority is also given to the phone number. It's always been this way, but now it doesn't sync.

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Do you have any additional accounts added to messages such as a gmail account?

5. wingsabre thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, just apple ID and phone number.

It works now, but it goes in and out.