iMessage not working properly on iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sparkie7, May 14, 2017.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68010

sparkie7

I don't get any messages from people who send me messages via iMessage on my iPhone.

But when I log into my Mac Pro the Messages app receives them. When I reply via this application it shows the replies I send on my iPhone messages, but nothing from the people replying to me.

This is annoying, is there something I need to tweak to sort this?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Is your iPhone also set up to send/receive iMessages from the account on the Mac?

3. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68010

sparkie7

Yes. why?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Because if it wasn't I would have suggested adding the address from the Mac on the phone.

I have found with iMessage, that despite each device having multiple addresses for all other devices included messages tend to be delivered first to whatever device is last used to answer.

But if the address is not included in a device you won't get the message at all.

5. sparkie7, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017

sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68010

sparkie7

My Mac Pro is added under Text Message Forwarding (Allow these devices to send and receive text messages from this iPhone)

My issue was primarily not receiving messages from other people's phone on my iPhone via iMessage...