imessage not working properly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryew101, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ryew101, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

ryew101 macrumors newbie

is anyone else having problems with imessage (i do understand its in its beta still)

ive sent a couple of test messages to myself and they dont seem to deliver. the blue bubble comes up and after a while it times out and sends as an SMS (which i thinks quite a neat feature)

Has anyone had this / know how to fix it?

2. critic81 macrumors regular

I have noticed imessage to yourself doesn't work, but I have a friend on iOS 5 and we have been using iMessage just fine. It's awesome and seemless.

3. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I dont have iOS 5 but my question is, how would you message an iPod touch or iPad? is there a pin like bbm?

4. angelnilo macrumors member

i tired it, and it sends and delivers as a text message but it still indicates that i am in iMessage ...
    i have tried group iMessage with a few others, you can check it all out here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1166194

5. angelnilo macrumors member

6. ryew101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ok thanks for the reply, ill jus tneed to find someone to test it out with now then.

7. ryew101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks for the link!

8. antic macrumors member

Tried sending a message from an iPad but is not working. Recipients name is highlighted in red and get message name@me.com is not registered with iMessage.

9. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

All of my messages are sending so my problem is kind of unrelated but my messaging app is very glitchy and skips around. I'm not sure if anyone else is having these problems.

10. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Mine has been fine. But remember this is beta so the actual iOS 5 should be quite a bit quicker and better :)

11. wiz0z macrumors newbie

sup, not to dig up anything but if your still having issues w iMessage specifically speaking iOS 5 beta 7, try doing a hard shut down. Hold home and lock until your phone is off then back on. Thats what I did to get mine working.

12. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

Had to do this on my ipad running iOS 5 to get it to work.

13. Chara13 macrumors newbie

iMessage not working with college wifi

I just downloaded the new IOS 5 on my itouch but the sending bar never reaches the end and it always says send failure! I'm using my college wifi which doesn't let me connect with to my Skype not FaceTime. Do you know if it has to do with the same thing?
    Thanks in advance!