iMessage not working properly

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jsf721, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

Imessage is extremely inconsistent. Is there an issue or is there a setting i need to fix?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Explain what your issue is and you might get an answer.

3. theredhead12 macrumors newbie

I too am having an iMessage issue on my iPhone 5. I will send a message and it will be blue like an iMessage then after 10 min or so it will turn green and say "sent as a Text Message". The person who I was sending them to said they every time I sent her a message she would receive it as an iMessage and a text message and she would receive previous messages I had sent her again along with it.

I turned iMessage on and off again reactivating my account and for a message or two iMessage would be fine but then revert back to "sent as Text Message". I also turned my phone on and off and it made no difference. I am on AT&T and I have service and I also am on my home's wifi network.

Is anyone else having an issue similar to this one?

4. kauffee macrumors newbie

I've been getting the same problem since Friday afternoon. Many of my imessages won't send and will send as text instead. This morning it was working normally, but now it's back to being borked. I've tried on WiFi and LTE and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm assuming the problem is either software-related or on Apple's end. However, doesn't seem like it's affecting everyone at all.

5. theredhead12 macrumors newbie

I just keep hoping that it fixes its self because it keeps coming in and out. It was fine yesterday and then bam today I have this problem.

6. Bublik2002 macrumors newbie

7. matttye macrumors 601

iMessage is a lot more reliable for me when I close background apps.

8. theredhead12 macrumors newbie

No. I'm on At&t.

9. Kev001 macrumors newbie

Just bought an unlocked iPhone 5 and i can't turn on imessage and facetime...

I have a line on att without a data plan and i cant activate iMessage or FaceTime using my phone number. I've been using the iphone 4 on iOS5 for a year without a data plan and imessage and facetime are both working just fine, so i think this is iOS6 related??? I've restored as new and restore from backup but both didnt fix the problem. Help...

10. stlwx21 macrumors member

I, too, have noticed some issues with iMessages.

Since I got my iPhone 5 with iOS6, messages has a hard time recognizing other iOS devices. It doesn't change from green to blue signifying iMessage as opposed to Text Message.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions?