iMessage not working to 1 contact

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Dec 12, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I have an iPhone 6s Plus, my mom is using an iphone 5 as an ipod. She only uses it at home when connected to wifi. So we usually imessage back and forth, me from my phone number, her from her apple ID (Email address).

I send and receive imessages from all my contacts perfectly except her. She sends and receives imessages to others as well without issues. It had been working until 2 days ago. All the sudden when I imessage her it turns green and then errors because obviously she can't sent texts (only imessages through wifi). Same for her with me, it turns green and errors out.

Any suggestions?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Delete here as a contact. Restart your phone. Add her again. If that doesn't work, try the same on her iPod.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

I will try it on my phone but it's easier said than done on her phone since she's on the other side of the country. This should be fun trying to explain to her haha

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If on same iOS, fake it on your phone while explaining to her.

5. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

Interestingly enough I have the same thing with my mom - except she uses her iphone 5 (now 5s) and I'm on my 6+. Everyone else who she messages, and everyone who I message, messages go through as imessages, and yet between us - they come through as regular texts

6. knownikko macrumors 6502

I had this happen with a single person at one point and tried almost everything to fix it. I think ultimately upgrading to iOS 9 is what did it for me.

7. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Update. We both deleted the contact and traded and it still isn't working. Restarts on both ends as well.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Maybe try deleting her as a contact altogether. Hard restart your device. Start a message and manually enter in her email address.

Have you noticed any change if you're on wifi or cellular?

Maybe both of you sign out of your Apple ID on your devices and then sign back in?

9. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601