Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim0n

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
iMessage has decided to stop working between myself and my friend, this is the person I send the most iMessages to and we have both tried turning our iPhones off and back on, no luck. Does anyone know why this has happend? It's annoying :/

piranhadonna

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
Chandler, Az
I would check your messages settings on both of your devices and make sure that your phone numbers are checked under send and receive at. If it looks good try turning off iMessage and then turning on again.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
iMessage has decided to stop working between myself and my friend, this is the person I send the most iMessages to and we have both tried turning our iPhones off and back on, no luck. Does anyone know why this has happend? It's annoying :/

I had something similar happen yesterday, here is what I did:

Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and tap the Apple ID at the top and sign out.

iMessage should be turned off now, so go back to Settings > Messages and enable it and sign back in.

You can try this on your phone, but your friend may need to do it on their phone.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Hold home and sleep button until you see the apple logo. Do it with both phones it works so so much better then turning it off. Tell me how it goes.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Hold home and sleep button until you see the apple logo. Do it with both phones it works so so much better then turning it off. Tell me how it goes.

This, I've had this happen several times and resetting the phone(s) has always fixed it. No data is lost by this type of reset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.