iPhone iMessage Notification for new address added

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JPNFRK7, Dec 3, 2013.

1. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Anyone know how to turn off the message that you get when someone on a Apple ID changes their addresses for iMessage. Every time these show up for my mom "###.###.#### added to **** iphone, Would you like to add?" She just runs through them and hits "yes" thus adding it to her phone and getting my texts. Is there anyway to have these not show up.

2. hektor5wolf macrumors member

Create an account for you mom! You are probably sharing the same Apple account right??

3. JPNFRK7 thread starter macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Yeah but its nice to have all the movies in one place. We buy a lot of movies for traveling

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can't you use one (separate individual) account for iMesage/FaceTime purposes and another (shared one) for the App Store and purchases and all that?

5. JPNFRK7 thread starter macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I dont think so because it is all connected to your Apple Id and there is no place to sign in at Settings/messages. Lookin like im going to have to just live with it

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Fairly certain you can do different ones for purchases and iCloud type of stuff.

7. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

You can have a shared Apple id for iTunes & AppStore and each of you can get a separate one for iCloud .

This should answer all your questions :

http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/

8. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I have all my purchases under one Apple ID. That way all 4 of my kids and my wife can all share my purchases. It works great. I have a separate one set up for email, calendars, etc.

Apple even made it an option under set up beginning in iOS 6 I believe that let's you choose to use a separate Apple ID for purchases when doing your initial setup

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, you can share an AppleID for iTunes/App Store purchases but each have an additional (not shared) AppleID for FaceTime, iMessage, and any other iCloud stuff (like iCloud backups)

My wife and I have had this setup for some time - works well.

10. JPNFRK7 thread starter macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Alright thanks guys. I guess ill set her up on her own Apple Id just for imessage. Thanks

11. Realistiic macrumors regular

Realistiic

No, use different iCloud address for iMessage and FaceTime. The same Apple ID is fine.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Using a 2nd AppleID means they do not have to share 5GB of backup space.
    Makes sense when one has multiple iDevices to backup with iCloud

13. Realistiic macrumors regular

Realistiic

Depends on if they want to share purchases or not. I have my 2 sons and my wife and I all running off the same Apple ID. That way I ain't paying 3-4 times for the same game/movie ect.

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, we covered that already ---> http://marker.to/bwAf2W

But using a 2nd AppleID for other services - including for individual iCloud backup - has benefits.

15. Realistiic macrumors regular

Realistiic

iCloud back ups are through iCloud accounts not Apple ID's, that's what I always thought anyway.

16. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, you can use any email for an Apple account.
    I think we are both saying the same thing (perhaps I have been typing my responses incorrectly :rolleyes: )
    A family trying to use a single account for both purchasing and backing up all their various devices gets tight on backup space.

An additional/seperate iCloud account can be opened using any email which then becomes an AppleID account.

17. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Oh boy, its easy. Here's what everyone means to say.

You have a family and you want the family to share all itunes/app purchases. You do NOT want to have the same icloud backup, facetime or imessage logins.

Here's what you do.

1. Create a universal (shared) appleID. An appleID can be any valid email address and any made up password that fits the apple criteria for passwords.

Let's call it: myfamily@gmail.com password: xxxxxx

Use that ONLY for itunes & app store on each device (settings/itunes & app store).

2. Create an individual (not shared) appledID. Again, this can be ANY valid email address and any made up password that meets apple's password standards (including the same password you used for the above itunes/app store account you created). Let's call this: son@gmail.com and another would be wife@gmail.com or maybe daughter@outlook.com

Use those individual appleIDs on only a specific device tied to that individual. It should be used for:

1. icloud
    2. iMessage
    3. facetime
    4. find my iphone
    5. game center (if you use that).

There ya go. Simple.

There is no special magic to an AppleID tied to an icloud account or an appleID tied to an itunes account. You can have multiple AppleIDs. You simply decide which service to login to with any particular appleID that you set up (that's where the confusion lies).

18. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep! My son and I do it, that way he has access to all the apps/games I've purchased, as well as iTunes Match, but we each have our own iCloud storage, iMessages and etc.