iMessage notifications stopped!

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
So we use iMessage on our Macs for work (I work from home, iMessage & Facetime are the way we all communicate). For some odd reason, just this morning my iMessage notifications stopped.

I have them set up as Alerts, Badge App Icon and Play Sound as well as Show Preview and Show in Notification Center. I have never had an issue before and today, the sound is only playing randomly as well as the Badge App Icons. I am not receiving any alerts.

I do not have Do Not Disturb on and have changed nothing from Friday when it was all working fine. Has anyone had this happen to you and what did you do? I rely on the notifications as I can't keep checking to see if someone has sent me an iMessage. (We also use Jabber through iMessage as a chat system for our customers, and not having notifications on, I don't want to miss one of those).

Thanks ahead of time!!

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
there are known problems with iMessage and mail among other apps as well, my iMessage doesn't work either on my macbook.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
there are known problems with iMessage and mail among other apps as well, my iMessage doesn't work either on my macbook.
Did it ever work or did it just stop working? Mine has worked fine since I purchased my iMac one year ago, it just stopped working this morning.

Steve121178

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Stopped working for me too. The fix was to sign out of iMessage on all your devices and sign in again. By doing this I was also able to set my iMac to use my phone number as my primary 'sender' instead of an e-mail address.