iMessage notifications stopped!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kalexn, Feb 24, 2014.

1. kalexn macrumors 6502

So we use iMessage on our Macs for work (I work from home, iMessage & Facetime are the way we all communicate). For some odd reason, just this morning my iMessage notifications stopped.

I have them set up as Alerts, Badge App Icon and Play Sound as well as Show Preview and Show in Notification Center. I have never had an issue before and today, the sound is only playing randomly as well as the Badge App Icons. I am not receiving any alerts.

I do not have Do Not Disturb on and have changed nothing from Friday when it was all working fine. Has anyone had this happen to you and what did you do? I rely on the notifications as I can't keep checking to see if someone has sent me an iMessage. (We also use Jabber through iMessage as a chat system for our customers, and not having notifications on, I don't want to miss one of those).

Thanks ahead of time!!

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

there are known problems with iMessage and mail among other apps as well, my iMessage doesn't work either on my macbook.

3. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

Did it ever work or did it just stop working? Mine has worked fine since I purchased my iMac one year ago, it just stopped working this morning.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

It worked for a month or two perfectly then it just stopped.

5. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Stopped working for me too. The fix was to sign out of iMessage on all your devices and sign in again. By doing this I was also able to set my iMac to use my phone number as my primary 'sender' instead of an e-mail address.