Resolved iMessage: number not verifying

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by JamesHP, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JamesHP, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

JamesHP macrumors regular

Up until recently iMessage was working fine. My phone was jailbroken but I decided to get rid of it because I didn't like it being tethered. Although the messages still send, they go through my email address rather than my phone number. Looked in Settings>Messages>Receive At and this is what I find:

[​IMG]

It's hanging on 'verifying' for my phone number. So far I've tried switching iMessage and FaceTime off and back on to see if it'll verify, no luck. Also tried taking the SIM Card out and putting it back in, and just tried restoring it. That didn't work either. So, has anyone got a fix for this? Bit irritating.

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I noticed this today, too. There was a message that my primary address wasn't validated. Tried to add another email address, but it hung up on validating. Deleted that address and went back to the original - again, it said it had to validate and hung up there. Not sure what's going on with it. Hasn't changed.

3. JamesHP, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

JamesHP thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, I've fixed it. DFU restore and restored a backup from before I initially restored it when I was jailbroken, and it's all back to normal.

4. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I fixed mine before by disabling and re-enabling iMessage.

5. JamesHP thread starter macrumors regular

^ I tried that numerous times and it didn't work.

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Please use the appropriate forum or subforum. To help other users find the threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread. Use Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.

7. JamesHP thread starter macrumors regular

...The thread was about a problem I had with iMessage which surely goes under iOS? Wasn't about jailbreaking, that was just an explanation of how the issue came to be. It's fixed now, anyway.

8. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

If the issue was not about jail breaking why did the OP state that in the original post?

9. JamesHP thread starter macrumors regular

I said the issue was caused after I restored to non-jailbroken state, not that the post was jailbreak related in itself.