iMessage on iPad in iOS 6.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iLoveMyApple, Sep 19, 2012.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Did I miss something? I thought we were going to be able to be reached for FaceTime and iMessage with our phone numbers on our iPads with iOS 6. It doesn't give me that option anywhere. Was it taken out in one of the betas?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

It's there, and it works.

Make sure your phone is authenticated to iMessage on iOS6. Your Phone has to be updated to iOS6 as well as your iPad for it to work.

If that is already the case, log out of iMessage on your phone and log back in and it should trigger a popup on your iPad IIRC.

3. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

As soon as my iPhone finished updating, I got the popup on my Mac and iPad! Thank you!

4. FiremanMike macrumors regular

I didn't get a popup on my mac, do I need to do something? (I did get it on my ipad though..)

5. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I just signed out on all my stuff and I got the pop-ups. Try that! I'm so excited right now. This is one of the main reasons I really wanted iOS 6.

6. Jony Mac macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

This is great and all but how do you remove a phone number assoicated with your Apple ID? If I use the unified feature and I'm on AT&T and I switch to Verizon and get a new number I wonder what happens.

Will the person that gets my old phone number get my messages, will I get theirs?

I guess its tied to your phone and not really the sim. So if I upgrade my phone and someone gets mine I shouldnt worry right?