iMessage on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phonewentwest, Oct 12, 2011.

1. phonewentwest macrumors regular

why can i not use my mobile me email address in iMessage on iPad? when i try to specify this address is say i can't use it because it already in use. there is obviously something I'm missing but don't know what. I'm really just trying to use existing address not trying to create another email address to use. thanks for any insight and sorry for missing this.

2. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

3. lindstrom macrumors member

I had the same error this morning, and it was due to me trying to use an email which I had already verified with a 2nd AppleID. Go here to add/remove emails to a specific AppleID. https://appleid.apple.com

I got it working after doing this. Hope this helps.

4. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

well it seems to be working now. when i was launching i was logging in with my me address an password and telling it to use that email which was not working.
    so i logged in with my other apple id, a hotmail address for use when purchasing itunes stuff, and then specified my me address to use for imessage and it works.

apple not allowing the merging of apple ids makes all this cloud, message, etc. stuff very confusing. iFail!!!!!!!