iMessage on Mac is a real pain

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Ketsjap, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Ketsjap macrumors newbie

The Messages-app on my Mac always shows notifications when I turn on my computer of iMessages I received but I already read on my iPhone.

It's pretty useless receiving notifications for messages that are not new anymore.

I've been Googling around but can't find a solution. Anyone else with the same problem?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I almost never have this problem. When you say "turn on" do you mean from a powered off state? If so you may need to give iCloud a few moments sync up everything.

3. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Yes. I've never had issues. Sometimes iCloud is a bit slow in syncing but nothing that'd bother be.

4. bgro macrumors 6502a

More annoying to me is how you have to delete messages one by one and have to confirm every delete. Very annoying when I haven't turned on my Mac in awhile. They need to sync up read/delete etc etc. Like IMAP

5. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Pretty sure you can click one message, shift-click the last message and delete the whole range in one go...

6. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Same here. When I log into my iMac, from SLEEP mode, I'll receive sound and visual notifications for all the iMessage, messages I've received since I last used my iMac.

A little annoying...