imessage on mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iapplelove, Sep 2, 2013.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

anyone notice a lot of missing iMessages on your mbp??

i'm noticing my Mac misses a few messages here and there but ipad and iphone get them all. Not to annoying until a few days ago when i sold my ipad and now using my mbp more often, and it's actually shocking how many messages get skipped in conversation on the Mac but not the idevices. Any tips on correcting the issue??

2. mattward macrumors newbie

i have the same issue on my mbp... i find that if i start the conversation on the computer imessage keeps up fine. But if i start it on the phone and then pick it up later on the macbook, alot of messages have been skipped over... i dont really see why this should happen.

3. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Messages for Mac has a lot of issues that have remained unfixed since launch, it's not just you.

These include:
    - Undelivered messages
    - Messages delivered late
    - Out of order messages
    - Messages disappearing after their reception
    - Wrong number of unread messages on the app icon's badge
    - Extremely poor search performance if you have a long messages history

Pretty crazy considering it's been in public beta since February 2012.

4. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

it's so buggy, and lags like crazy. I'm using it the most since it's release and it's a bit annoying.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

6. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i'm running 10.8.4 and it's worse than ever.

7. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

They said 10.8.3 fixed the out of order messages bug. Not only is that only one of the many bugs, but it has not really been fixed. The worse is that timestamps are actually right, so it should not be that hard to display messages in the right order.

It just seems like fixing Messages for Mac is a low priority for Apple. When you see people seem to be focused on design more and sometimes seems to want new for the sake of new ("I'm tired of skeuomorphisms", "iOS is stale and boring") than on fixing actual features, maybe it's normal for Apple to invest time in what people value more. I wish it was the other way around.

8. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

This never bothered me up until a week ago when I actually missed an important message on my Mac that caused a slight problem. My phone was charging in the other room and it wasn't until at least an hour before I realized my Mac missed several messages during the conversation .

9. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

For what it's worth... my problems go away in Mavrix 10.9. I'll assume whatever changes they made there should also be in 10.8.5 when it's released.

That would be logical but who knows...