iMessage only gets sent to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by butters149, Aug 20, 2011.

1. butters149 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have the newest ios 5 beta and when imessage gets received, it only gets sent to the iPad, anyone know how to get it to send to the iPhone as well?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Are they both on the same iOS beta? It will all work when you are no longer on a beta.

3. idkmybffjon macrumors member

it depends on what address the message is being sent to, if its being sent to your email have you told iMessage on your iPhone to receive both your phone number and email

4. shandyman Suspended

check in the messages settings, under receive at - check that it has the email address in there as well as the number, also check caller ID, i have it set as the email, so i constantly have it going to the same devices.

5. idkmybffjon macrumors member

you can receive and send msgs from your iPad with the caller id as your iPhone number.

6. shandyman Suspended

How? On my iPad it only shows to receive at email address. There is no caller ID on the iPad messages menu.

7. idkmybffjon macrumors member

the chat has to be started from the iPhone but it carries over to the iPad and now when i add something to that chat it looks like it comes from my phone

all in all i really hope apple simplifies the whole iMessage thing. number vs email is gonna get real confusing when everyone upgrades

8. shandyman Suspended

well the problem will stem from the number side of it, if the iPod & iPad could be set to 'receive at' phone number as well as email, there would be a non-issue. currently i have my caller ID on my phone set as email, so any i start will always be going to my iPad as well, but anyone that spontaneously starts one to my mobile number will only ever go to the iPhone :(