Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Is anyone else today experiencing an iMessage outage?

I have a 4s running iOS 6 and i'm on AT&T and it just decided to go out around 9am central time, so about 2 hours ago. I've done a hard reset on my phone, i've reset network settings.

I've turned iMessage off and on.

Now it's just sitting there at "Waiting for Activation..." underneath the On/Off switch in settings.

Hope this is more than just a personal issue on my phone.

EDIT: oh yes i'm in St. Louis (not that is right below my avatar or anything haha)

Last edited:

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
iMessage has been working fine for me here in Pennsylvania. It's working on my phone as well as my Mac.

Edit: Running on Sprint as well.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Ha this was just a problem with my phone. Apparently AT&T pushed out a silent network update to my phone and my phone went crazy because it didn't accept them right.

Had to turn it off, leave it off for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.

How about that...:confused:

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Ha this was just a problem with my phone. Apparently AT&T pushed out a silent network update to my phone and my phone went crazy because it didn't accept them right.

Had to turn it off, leave it off for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.

How about that...:confused:

A silent network update, which affected only your iPhone, on AT&T's network?

Ok.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
A silent network update, which affected only your iPhone, on AT&T's network?

Ok.

im just telling you what they told me. I don't care really what happened but whatever it was, turning it off for 60 seconds then on again fixed it. And yes it is possible for something to affect a single phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.