iMessage photos not downloading

captbunch18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Ok...

iPhone 6 plus, running 8.0.2.

When someone sends a picture to me via iMessage, all I get is the downloading box. However, if I go to details, I can see the image.

Did I do this by setting something up wrong or is there a fix??

Attachments

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Ok...

iPhone 6 plus, running 8.0.2.

When someone sends a picture to me via iMessage, all I get is the downloading box. However, if I go to details, I can see the image.

Did I do this by setting something up wrong or is there a fix??
I saw this yesterday from someone else, could you try force closing the app, restart your phone, then open it. Force close: double click home button and swipe closed. Let us know if that works. I think it may have been due to iCloud being down yesterday.

captbunch18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
I saw this yesterday from someone else, could you try force closing the app, restart your phone, then open it. Force close: double click home button and swipe closed. Let us know if that works. I think it may have been due to iCloud being down yesterday.
that seemed to work, but now my iMessages that I am sending are going from my email and not phone...

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
that seemed to work, but now my iMessages that I am sending are going from my email and not phone...
There's a setting for that, give me a min.

----------

Go to Settings, Messages, Send & Receive, Start new conversations from, and select your phone number. That should control the priority there.

captbunch18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
There's a setting for that, give me a min.

----------

Go to Settings, Messages, Send & Receive, Start new conversations from, and select your phone number. That should control the priority there.
ok..I will try that. Thanks for your help.

chmuriel

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
same issue...

having the same problem... after closing messages app and restarting phone now the "downloading" image has been replaced by a question mark.

captbunch18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
having the same problem... after closing messages app and restarting phone now the "downloading" image has been replaced by a question mark.
It is a Question mark. However, if they resend the image, it came through on mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.