iMessage + photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martosprint, Dec 21, 2013.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

First iPhone using iMessage on my iPhone 5s. When I receive a photo in a message that I would like to save, and reply to the person who sent it, the whole message including the picture disappears after my reply to the sender. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
    thanks for a reply......

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The message and the picture shouldn't disappear. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

3. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply T5BRICK
    Well I think when I delete the reply that I sent to the one that sent me the picture, both the message and the picture are gone. I always delete my reply after I send it and maybe that is the problem. I thought just the reply would delete and not the picture, but that probably is the problem.
    I had the person who originally sent the text and the pic resend it to me. After I received it I just forwarded the picture alone to my email address and saved the pic into iPhoto. I must have missed a step in that pic and text somehow.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

You can just tap on the image then on the menu button (box with arrow coming out of it) and hit Save Image, then just deleted the messages and the image will be saved to Photos

5. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

It shouldn't disappear. All you need to do is open the picture then hold down and save it. I'm not sure how else you're doing it but if not then just hold down on it.

6. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Sounds like a bug. You should be able to delete your reply without deleting anything from the sender. I guess the only way around it for now is to save the image before you delete your reply.

7. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Your replay and the received picture should be on different "clouds" (your a blu one and the received pict on a gray one), so if you delete YOUR cloud, the blu one, the picture must stay where it is.
    I just tried on my iPhone and it works.

8. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay thanks for all the replies, with your help I figured it all out.