iMessage Problem:Software or Hardware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CAPkuang, Oct 17, 2013.

1. CAPkuang macrumors newbie

So basically like the thousands of other users, my iMessage is down for my phone number after upgrading to IOS 7 on my Iphone 4. The main problem is that not everyone has send as SMS option turned on so lots of iMessages sent to me are stuck in iMessage purgatory--sent but not received.

I've tried resetting my network settings and everything but to no avail. Since I'm still using my Iphone 4 and it is on its last leg of life, I am considering buying the new Iphone 5s BUT here is my question:

Is iMessage a hardware problem? Like if I buy the new iPhone 5s, will it automatically be fixed

or

Is iMessage a software problem meaning that if I got a new phone, I still have to wait for the bug to be fixed.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a software issue. Not a hardware problem.
    I'd restore the phone and try again.
    Setup as new and test it out.
    Then restore from backup and if it gives you problems after you restore from backup then its bug within that backup file.

3. CAPkuang thread starter macrumors newbie

Well my iPhone is unlocked via an eBay unlock to work for T-Mobile. I tried resetting my network settings and immediately after that, my phone could only call and couldn't text at all. Luckily that same day Apple released the new IOS 7 update and that was able to fix the texting problem.

Im just really cautious now when it comes to restoring network settings and everything along that line now