iPhone Imessage problem

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by rocat1997, Dec 19, 2012.

1. rocat1997 macrumors regular

Hi, I am having imessage problems between my wife's iPhone 5 and mine. I've also had problems with other people's iPhones but not as much as between me and my wife. Problem is this. I send a message to her and it won't say deliver. It takes 5 mins to 60 mins. I sometimes have to call her , then, I can hear all all of them come through at once. I've thought that it could be because she is at home on wifi but, I don't think so as its happened out at town also. This has occurred since we got the phones. We restored them once already and it did not help. I can choose to send as a text and they go right through. Sometimes they work fine. I'm about to return the phones if this can't be resolved as I need reliability. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

2. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

Welcome to iOS6. Do what I had to do. Turn iMessage off.
    Now it's reliable like normal sms texting has always been.

For what it's worth, if you try to leave feedback at apple about it, you'll be met with deafening silence.

If my tone over apple appears to have become very sour, yes it has.

It annoys the bejeezus out of me that you can't even get them to acknowledge any issues. Certain things that worked perfectly on iOS5 does no longer on iOS6. All with no solution, and all with no possible rollback path.

Mad as hell? Yes.

I check daily for updates or news on whether these problems will be addressed. None are forthcoming.

My whole computer / phone ecosystem is apple. It used to be microsoft / nokia. I've invested a lot of hard earned money with apple. I think I (we all) deserve better. At least answer our queries.

Apple? I'm still waiting.

3. rocat1997 thread starter macrumors regular

I do hear you. Really sad that apple won't fix this. I am planning a trip to the apple store and not leave till I have an answer.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

My advice is that you disable iMessage if you want reliability.

In my experience, it's very unreliable. You seem to be having the same problem.

5. rocat1997 thread starter macrumors regular

One thing I've noticed is when it won't send, is if I turn her wifi off, it goes through. Like the router is blocking it.

6. rocat1997 thread starter macrumors regular

Imessage back to not working this morning. Messages don't say delivered. Like the phone is sleeping and they don't go through.

7. rocat1997 thread starter macrumors regular

I notice it does this when my wife is playing angry birds. She's unreachable.

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

This is not normal behavior. For some reason, your wife's phone isn't maintaining a data connection, or that the wifi network you're on is blocking the ports used by iMessage.

Does your phone have the same problem receiving iMessages as your wife's?

Try turning off iMessage on your wife's phone, then turning it back on. Make sure the email addresses/AppleID and phone number displayed are correct.

Personally, iMessage for me has been very reliable. Only where data connections are sketchy in fringe areas has a message been delayed - but then it automatically goes out as a standard SMS after 5 minutes (the intended, normal behavior).

9. rocat1997 thread starter macrumors regular

What's funny about the router thing is its not every time. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't. So I would think if the router blocked it it would never go through. Very unreliable.