iMessage Problem?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mylexon20s, Sep 25, 2014.

1. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

So I will hear my text message notification sound, I'll go to my phone and there is no new text. Then later on in the day, I'll randomly get a text message showing that its unread, but with not notification sound. Am I the only one with this problem? It has been driving me crazy! I'm sure its got to be an 8.0 glitch, but I'm wondering if this is isolated or not.
    -Matt

2. mkflyfish macrumors member

mkflyfish

Is it a text or iMessage ? I've had issues with both on iOS8 on iP5, saying the messages weren't delivered, but the person received them. My wife's iOS 8 on iP5, actually doesn't always send to me.

I also had iMessage on my MBP not allowing me log in, giving me a code, and saying to call apple, which I did, and it took the rep about 30 seconds to get me logged back in.

3. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

It has happened for both strangely. First time it was my friend who has a note 3. The last couple times it has been with iMessage people.

4. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

Anybody else having this problem? Still happening and drives me crazy. Its a delay on iMessage and sometimes Text Messages.... I get the notification, however the text doesn't come through for sometimes up to 10 minutes?!?! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Not me... perhaps you need to restore your phone?

6. dragon671556 macrumors member

dragon671556

I'm having almost the exact same issue. Imessage works fine and I can send text messages but can't receive plan text messages. The last text message I was able to receive was on 9/16. Then I updated to IOS 8 and nothing. I'm thinking about restoring my phone...don't want to because I'm afraid of loosing my contacts I've updated to 8.2 and still not working. I have a 5S.

7. matttye macrumors 601

Yes, happens almost daily. Close imessage in the multitasking tray and reopen it and the message appears for me.