iMessage Problem?

mylexon20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Coral Springs, FL
So I will hear my text message notification sound, I'll go to my phone and there is no new text. Then later on in the day, I'll randomly get a text message showing that its unread, but with not notification sound. Am I the only one with this problem? It has been driving me crazy! I'm sure its got to be an 8.0 glitch, but I'm wondering if this is isolated or not.
-Matt

mkflyfish

macrumors member
May 30, 2011
Is it a text or iMessage ? I've had issues with both on iOS8 on iP5, saying the messages weren't delivered, but the person received them. My wife's iOS 8 on iP5, actually doesn't always send to me.

I also had iMessage on my MBP not allowing me log in, giving me a code, and saying to call apple, which I did, and it took the rep about 30 seconds to get me logged back in.

mylexon20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Coral Springs, FL
Is it a text or iMessage ? I've had issues with both on iOS8 on iP5, saying the messages weren't delivered, but the person received them. My wife's iOS 8 on iP5, actually doesn't always send to me.

I also had iMessage on my MBP not allowing me log in, giving me a code, and saying to call apple, which I did, and it took the rep about 30 seconds to get me logged back in.
It has happened for both strangely. First time it was my friend who has a note 3. The last couple times it has been with iMessage people.

mylexon20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Coral Springs, FL
Anybody else having this problem? Still happening and drives me crazy. Its a delay on iMessage and sometimes Text Messages.... I get the notification, however the text doesn't come through for sometimes up to 10 minutes?!?! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Anybody else having this problem? Still happening and drives me crazy. Its a delay on iMessage and sometimes Text Messages.... I get the notification, however the text doesn't come through for sometimes up to 10 minutes?!?! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Not me... perhaps you need to restore your phone?

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
I'm having almost the exact same issue. Imessage works fine and I can send text messages but can't receive plan text messages. The last text message I was able to receive was on 9/16. Then I updated to IOS 8 and nothing. I'm thinking about restoring my phone...don't want to because I'm afraid of loosing my contacts I've updated to 8.2 and still not working. I have a 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.