Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I like the idea of continuing imessage conversations between devices, but it would be great if apple added a feature to link an iPad and iPhone so the phone could push all non-imessage (SMS) messages to iPad, then the iPad can push a responce back.

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Texting from the Ipad basically. I would love that feature. Usually most of the time though, I have my iPhone more than I have my iPad.

Epic Orange

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Element X
I like the idea of continuing imessage conversations between devices, but it would be great if apple added a feature to link an iPad and iPhone so the phone could push all non-imessage (SMS) messages to iPad, then the iPad can push a responce back.

How can the iPad get SMS messages? It is only able to send or receive iMessage texts. Besides, the iPhone will distinguish the difference between iMessage and SMS messages.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
How can the iPad get SMS messages? It is only able to send or receive iMessage texts. Besides, the iPhone will distinguish the difference between iMessage and SMS messages.

He's saying if he paired his iPad to his iPhone. So if someone sent him a SMS Text to his iPhone, it could show up on his iPad. That way, he can keep his iPhone in his pocket & respond on his iPad that he was using. He could do this via Bluetooth (ex. HP Pre 3 & the TouchPad). But Apple doesn't allow this, yet.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
He's saying if he paired his iPad to his iPhone. So if someone sent him a SMS Text to his iPhone, it could show up on his iPad. That way, he can keep his iPhone in his pocket & respond on his iPad that he was using. He could do this via Bluetooth (ex. HP Pre 3 & the TouchPad). But Apple doesn't allow this, yet.

That would be a wonderful feature that could be added in future releases, especially if the TouchPad sees good success. However, I sincerely believe that the TouchPad's success is contingent on better handsets from HP that is not the Pre 3. It's been proven that most consumers like the iPhone/HTC/Samsung device form factor of the last 3-5 years instead of the Pre's form factor.

Back to the topic, though, I'd really like for Apple to implement this feature. If HP's got it down, why not Apple too??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.