iMessage query

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Indian Devil, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Indian Devil macrumors regular

I want to use iMessage for international messages but am worried that in case iMessage fails it will send it as an international sms. So how can I make sure that this doesn't happen?

Also I made iMessage available only through my email, now how to send iMessage through email in an iPhone?

Searched the settings but couldn't find an answer.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. SR71 macrumors 68000

Just turn off Send as SMS. Also, you don't need to make numerous threads of the same thing.

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

4. Indian Devil thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I know mate, one is enough. I didn't post these intentionally but it was due to some issue of tapatalk. I am having issues with it since tomorrow and I posted the same on Twitter too with MacRumors.

Anyway thanks for your advice but it doesn't solve my query may be I didn't explained my issue better, I want to send iMessage from email and send all domestic sms from my number, so can't turn sms off. Any way to achieve what I want?

Thanks again.

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Go to settings, then Messages, make sure "Send as SMS" is off.

Then while in the same spot, go to send and receive, start new conversations from your email.

These two settings should accomplish what you're trying to do. Any iMessage will be sent from your email address and won't go to SMS if iMessage fails while still allowing you to send regular SMS from your number. Note I said "should" as I haven't tested these two because I just send from my number on international iMessage as I have my phone set to not send as SMS if iMessage fails.