iMessage question/issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ke1ington, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

A friend just got his first iPhone and I did a quick tour to get him set up. His iMessage is switched on, as is mine, and the messages I receive from him are coming through as iMessage but anything I send him is sent as SMS.

Everybody else I use iMessage with is coming through as they should - iMessage both ways. See attached photo.

Attached Files:

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I think iMessage can take 24 hours to fully activate on Apples servers. Just give it time.

3. Coupz macrumors regular

Settings - messages - send & receive - look if his phone number is there with a check mark.
    You can also choose to start new conversation from his phone number from there.

4. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

Also check his contact info on the messages being received as iMessages from him. I bet he can send via his AppleID E-mail, but hasn't registered the phone number yet.

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

But they would be in different conversation threads, wouldn't they? I don't think you can send from a number/email that you can't receive from too. If OP is receiving iMessages in that thread, is always sending as Message in that thread, but can send iMessages to other people, there's definitely something weird going on.